Sunday 29 April 2012

Extremely Loverly Doc!


So this week has been an interesting week in Television…I have LOVED Coronation street, more so than usual….mainly because of  Shaun (Anthony Cotton) trying to work out Bettys famous hotpot recipe…… pure genius script writing. With the weight of such a well known Corrie landmark resting on his shoulders, the portrayal of those scenes was brilliant.




I have now watched Louis Theroux BBC2 series Extreme Love more than once now…and what an interesting concept, I hadn’t thought at first very much into the title, 'extreme love'…. I just took to the title as nothing more than a few words to add to his name as its not really about him so they had to add something!
I now see this was not the case and how extreme love really can be.
The documentary was a two part series, with the first episode looking into, families whose children have autism, and the second whose family members suffer with dementia.
Both episodes showed extreme love, between families, where from the parents who couldn’t cope with their children, and the wives and husbands whose partners had dementia and were watching them think they were married to someone else. 
Both episodes were great and definitely worth a viewing and are available on Iplayer till Thursday 3rd May,

I have recently been re- watching some episodes of friends and it reminded me just how amazing the production team on the show must have been in particular the writers, I love how even spread out over 10 series everything links back and is intertwined….My favourite episode is the ‘one where know one is ready’ I love Ross in this episode…….I think his constant clock watching is brilliant and it is also the one where joey lunges in all of Chandlers clothes.

"Dear Blog readers I would love to know your Favourite Friends episode? So comment below???"

This week TV Highlights:
  1. The Mighty Mississippi with Trevor McDonald- Monday 10:35-11:35pm, Trevor explores America from the river.
  2. William and Kate: The first year. Tuesday ITV1 8pm- we all went a bit royal crazy last year, see how the year has been.
  3. Piers Morgan: Life Stories- Jason Donavan- Friday ITV1 9pm- interview with the Aussie star, talking about his relationship with Kylie amongst more.
  4. Alan Carr: Chatty Man- Channel 4, 10pm- episode 2 in his new series, guests David Walliams and Amanda Holden.
  5. The Cube- Saturday 7:45 ITV1- cube show beat the cube’s games to win £250,000

2 comments:

  1. I think one of my favourite friends is the one where they swap apartments in series 4, I also love when Rachel and chandler find the cheesecakes and Joey shows up with a fork in his pocket!!!
    I love the one that you picked out here because it only has the 6 of them in it, and it's in real time!
    Fab blog again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good one- I also like the one in London!

    ReplyDelete